- The law library offers several ways for faculty members to remain up to date on current developments in their area of expertise.
- E-mail alerts from vendors such as BNA, CCH and others.
- The law library also subscribes to the Social Science Electronic Publishing (SSRN) which is comprised of nine legal research networks.
- Current Index to Legal Periodicals (CILP) is a current awareness tool utilized by the law library.
- Indexes over 500 legal publications, organized by subject headings.
- Includes SmartCILP service for the law school faculty.
- SmartCILP offers legal researchers automated, personalized e-mail delivery of CILP indexes delivered weekly. SmartCILP profiles can be changed weekly in order to meet your changing research needs.
- Current awareness services can be found on the faculty resources page.
- Direct link to electronic journals.
- Search for the journal by title in the E-Journal Portal.
- If the journal is available through the libraries, a list of links to the databases where the journal can be accessed.
- A link to the E-Journal portal can also be found on the Law Library Research page.
- The library maintains print subscriptions to some periodicals.
- If you would like to review library-owned periodicals on an ongoing basis, call (717-240-5267) or email the Law Library.
- You will be added to the routing list of the publication which will be sent to your office via interoffice mail.
- When you are finished reading the material, check off your name and place the item in interoffice mail to be delivered to the next person on the list.
- After all names have been checked off, the item will be returned to the library via inter-office mail.
Lexis and Westlaw Access
- All full-time faculty members will be assigned Lexis and Westlaw passwords.
- Certain restrictions apply to faculty who are not full-time.
- The Law School cannot provide access to Lexis and Westlaw to those individuals who are not affiliated with the Law School.
- Call (717-240-5267) or email the Law Library for more information.