Many articles dealing with contemporary or historical American Indian issues can be unearthed by using the standard periodical indexes:
- LegalTrac (Legal Resources Index): Covers over 600 legal periodicals from 1980- present.
- Index to Legal Periodicals (ILP): Indexes legal publications from the late eighteenth century to present.
- HeinOnline: Legal journals in full text from their inception.
See the Dickinson Law Library Research page for more information on finding articles. Or browse through some of the journals listed below focusing on American Indian law.
- American Indian journal. Vienna, VA: Institute for the Development of Indian Law. [ON ORDER]
- American Indian law newsletter. Albuquerque: University of New Mexico School of Law, 1968-
- American Indian report. Springfield, VA: Dartmouth Institute, c1985-
- American Indian law review. Norman, OK: University of Oklahoma College of Law, 1973-
- Indian country today. Rapid City, SD : Native American Publishing, Inc. (Weekly newspaper)
- Indian report. Friends Committee on National Legislation. Washington, D.C.: The Committee. 1977-
- NARF legal review. Boulder, CO: Native American Rights Fund, 1983-
- Nation to Nation. U.S. Dept. of Justice, Office of Tribal Justice. Washington, D.C.: The Office, 1996- [Government Document: J1.105:]
Native Americans: a legal/historical collection. Jerry Dupont, compiler. Law Library Microform Consortium, 1990. [MICROFICHE]
Consult this bibliographical catalog to gain access to LLMC's Native American microfiche collection of 1,668 titles. Our library has recently acquired this collection, which includes periodicals, journals, and newsletters.